EvaluatePharma's editorial team, EP Vantage, brings you the 2012 Year in Review report - examining the successes and failures that took place across the industry in 2012.
The pharma and biotech industry ended 2011 falling off a precipitous patent cliff and mired in uncertainty about the fallout of the ongoing global economic turmoil, only to exit 2012 on a decidedly more positive note.
Key highlights in the 2012 Year in Review report include:
- Market Performance - who were the large, mid and small cap winners & losers in 2012?
- VC Funding - who raised the most; which financing rounds attracted investors' money; how many total transactions occurred?
- Licensing Deals - where did the $20.9bn spent by big pharma go last year and how many deals were struck?
- M&A Transactions - which acquisition was one of the biggest since 2000?
- R&D - has the quality of approved products improved over the last 10 years; which products were most successful in 2012?
- Patent Cliff - who fell off and who had the softest and hardest landing; how much money was lost to generics in 2012?
To view the full "2012 Year in Review" report, confirm your details on the short form opposite.